Monday, July 12, 2010

Design

There is something so interesting to me about creating the shell of a family or individual. The oasis from peoples everyday life, a place they can be themselves and grow. To me a home is a place where its safe and there is love all around. I would love to create homes like that, however I can only create a house...the people who dwell there make it a home...they are the heart.

I've always thought this major may have been a selfish move on my part..something that I've done because I enjoy it...I feel I should be doing something to help other. I have thought a lot about this and relies that there are some things I can do to help others...I can make room or a whole house earth friendly...I can help a client save energy and the earth...I can help others see the need to make eco friendly decisions for the place they call home...I can also help give a person shelter.

I do have OCD short for Obsessive Compulsive Disorder...when I was younger this would have bothered me...now I look at it as a sort of gift. I have worked hard to get where I am and see that my OCD has helped me be more compassionate. It also has given me motivation.

I one day hope to have my own small design firm, one that designs homes for real people...and helps make the world better.

4 comments:

  1. I love the name of the blog, very clever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome blog name! Also, great first entry! You're a great writer! I look forward to hearing more about your projects and ideas. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Sara this is awesome. I also love the name and your first entry. GREAT JOB!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks guys, I thought you might like the name lol. Thanks Mel I try. I'll update as much as possible.

    ReplyDelete