Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Color

The more I read the news and hear about all the sadness in the world I just want to shut off my ears and close my eyes...I think that one of the beauties of art. I love emerging my self in a project, it allows me to forget about everything. The oil spill continues to be a huge problem and then there is everything else going on everyday.

I love to sit outside, any day any time...the colors of nature are so inspiring, pure, relaxing. I'd spend time with animals over humans any day. Nature and color are two large inspirations for me in design. When I'm suppose to be working...(yeah I know how awful am I ha ha) I love to take breaks when no one is watching, and just take it all in. The green of the grass, the brown of the dirt, the blue of the sky... the orange of a salamander, purples and yellows and teals...It's wonderful.

Yet I sit here and see so much sadness and hate...why can't we all see the beauty in the world. The colors I see in animals and plants can never really be replicated. The beautiful browns and Carmel in our cat Goggles, the black and soft brown our cat Carmel, and the grays and whites of Belle. I love these colors.














2 comments:

  1. I like this and agree with stopping what we are doing to observe and absorb all that we are surrounded with. The awesome mix of colors that we see so easily in the world take years to understand and replicate with a paintbrush. Truly awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, I have to God is my favorite artist! It's a shame so many miss out on the beauty around us all.

    ReplyDelete