Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Bamboo and Cork


So first of all I have to say how much I love bamboo. Not only is it a renewable material but it is also beautiful in many projects. It's funny, this morning while I was shaving (I know...weird) I got to thinking "why don't they make disposable razors with bamboo, this would allow companies to use a renewable material as well as use less plastic. I also think they would be stronger and stylish.

So I was curious if they actually made anything like this and sure enough they do. I wish these products were more available.

Bamboo flooring is a beautiful option for many spaces. They can be finished to look like any other wood flooring, and although the price in many stores may be a bit more expensive, the wear and tear of this particular material may last longer than lama net wood flooring.

Another flooring I have come to really love is cork. You might wonder if this would be a good material but it it. Cork comes in many colors and because it is a porous material it gives just enough for comfort. This material is very popular in kitchen designs, and is also very renewable and earth friendly.

Thankfully companies are beginning to see the urgency of using renewable materials in the home, everyday more are being created.

4 comments:

  1. Awesome post. I'd love a link for the razors! Also, did you see this? http://www.care2.com/greenliving/8-things-you-didnt-know-you-could-recycle.html The first item on the list of 8 things you didn't know you could recycle are corks. There's a company collecting them and they use the corks to make floors! Super neat I think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's amazing that you found this the same day I wrote this post. I'll take a look at it. I think it's great that there are people making a difference like the people who paid for their wedding by recycling cans and bottle. Amazing. I only found men facial razors...nothing like what we woman could use...I should write to Venus or something...how would i not get my idea stolen though...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Link it to me anyway! I've used Weretoad's razor a lot. In fact, the recycled plastic razor I've been using is unisex.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is what I was looking for from last week. Great work done. :)
    Bamboo and cork flooring

    ReplyDelete